What is PPP?
Elan GMK Precise Page Positioning (PPP) is a desktop application use in document management, printing and book production to automate page positioning negating the need to manually clean up scanned images before submitting them to the printing or PDF conversion process.
Who uses PPP?
Whilst digital printing is of course dominating the industry now there are organisations who have a requirement to reproduce existing paper books with total accuracy.
PPP is used in document management, printing and book production for the high quality reproduction of existing paper books.
Easy to integrate
PPP integrates easily into workflow, and is used as a tool between the scanner and impositioning software. PPP can be integrated into other Elan GMK solutions, where it serves as an external, high performance image processor or as a plug-in to add advanced image processing capabilities.
PPP processes large volumes of raster files, and creates clean images for print-on-demand applications, document management systems and PDF publishing systems. The image processing process provided by PPP is highly automated reducing the need for manual intervention and contributes to cost reduction.
PPP is used to position scanned images on an imaginary plate or canvas with a very high degree of accuracy and reliability. A wide array of inspection and editing options give you absolute control over the margin registration process. This makes PPP particularly useful as a quality control tool.
How PPP Works
- Select, remove, add one more or all files in a directory
- Save selection
- Parameters for output file placement, format and handling
- PDF output options
- PDF output of correct canvas size with subimage only
- Relative or Absolute job handling (network-aware)
- Printing options, edge to edge printing
- Page content detection and positioning with sensitivity setting and customizing capability
- Check for minimum or maximum subimage size
- Image turning, rotation before processing
- Check for maximum subimage movement
- Keep outside of undetected area
- Set or keep output canvas size
- Set up margins and margin alignment
- Recto-Verso support
- Subimage or canvas positioning
- Deskew: several detection and turning/shifting modes, constrains
- Despeckle: object-based settings
- Border removal
- Punch hole removal
- Resize based on canvas or detected subimage or custom area
- Resize to new canvas size with margin criteria
- Recto-Verso support
- Output image positioning
- Merge to multipage TIFF or PDF
- Exception List/Good Files List
- Reprocess, transfer
- Resize from exception list
- Display, imaging
- Extensive thumbnail generation throughout the application
- Viewer, Editor, Investigation View with Focused Zoom ™
- Dual-page view, mini overview