ELAN Technical Manual Converter™
The ELAN Technical Manual Converter™ software is used to convert complex and large, paper-based documentation to searchable, bookmarked, interlinked and web-optimized PDF format. The generated files can be easily accessed in a WEB-environment despite the large size.
TMC™ is designed for high volume production environments with a high
level of automation of the conversion process. TMC™ thus significantly decreases the cost
per page when compared with other existing software solutions.
Use TMC™ to Address
- Mixed document sizes of engineering and manufacturing environments.
- A variety of graphic image types (B&W, grayscale and color originals), including
- Organizing highly structured content of complex documents with large numbers
- Automatic content and link discovery.
- Easy to learn user interface with efficient and simple navigation within
large amounts of data.
ELAN TMC™ Product Highlights
- Creation of highly interlinked PDF documentation (book-marks, internal links).
- Use of Image+Text PDF output format for full text searching.
- Use of the best OCR process for uncorrected conversion (cost effectiveness).
- Creation of clean images suitable for printing and on-line viewing.
- Automation of the bookmarking and linking process.
- Batch processing for image cleanup and PDF conversion.
- Deferred processing of several jobs (overnight processing).
- Network-optimized for multi-user environments.
- Powerful QA features, incorporated throughout the work-flow, for a high level of quality assurance.
- State-of-the-art imaging technology.
Philosophy of Conversion and Workflow Practices
Today's conversion needs require a high level of
automation. If the automation is based on uncorrected OCR data with
fully automated conversions, only a small percentage of documents will
provide an acceptable level of performance, sophistication and accuracy
needed for the handling of complex documentation.
ELAN GMK combines a high degree of automation (batch
processing) with efficient user interaction. Fast viewing and
navigational tools as well as extensive quality control mechanisms ensure an
efficient workflow with high productivity and excellent output quality.
Windows 95/98, NT/2000. Pentium III processor, 128 MB RAM, 10 GB free hard
drive space, 1024 x 768 screen resolution.